Join us this Monday January 4 at 7 pm for the annual Heritage neighborhood general meeting at First English Lutheran Church (3001 Whitis Ave). The agenda is below.
We’ll bring you up-to-date on important developments in the neighborhood, the plans for the coming year, and elect the neighborhood association officers for 2016.
All neighbors are welcome to attend, but in order to vote or run in the election you must have been a dues-paying member for 30 days. (Not a member of the Heritage NA? Go to https://heritageaustin.org/membership/)
33rd & King Street update
– Four new single-family homes being built
3108 Grandview update
– Demo permit submitted to the city
610 W 31 ½ St update
– A bungalow to be expanded to a duplex
Vote supporting renewing the occupancy reduction
We will hold a vote asking council to renew the limit of occupancy of four unrelated adults in single-family zoning. (It is set to expire in March 31, two years after it passed.)
We’re introducing subcommittees: if you aren’t able to commit to joining the steering committee, you can still volunteer with a subcommittee that interests you: code, sidewalks, publicity, communications, and zoning.
– President, secretary, treasure, and we need a minimum six additional steering committee members.
– The bylaws state that elections shall be by secret ballot if there is more than one candidate for an office.
– The bylaws also say that all SC members must attend meetings. Members who have 3 unexcused absences may be removed from the SC. In addition SC members are expected to step up in some capacity in addition to attending meetings.
One thought on “Heritage Neighborhood Association Annual General Meeting”
Meeting Minutes found here.